It is officially spring, bring on the butterflies and bee pollen. I am already experiencing swollen lips and itchy eyes, but I am grateful that the winter weather appears to finally be over here in NYC. Each season brings about a slight change to your skincare routine. Out with the heavier, creamier products that winter requires and in with the lighter, easy breezy skincare routine. Spring is a great time to get your skin summer ready. Here are a few things I recommend to get your skin summer ready:
- Get facials from a licensed esthetician in your area once a month.
- Always use a makeup remover cleanser before using your daily cleanser. Everyday cleansers do NOT wash away the makeup effectively.
- If you have greater skin issues visit your dermatologist.
- Adopt a skincare routine for your skin type.
- Keep your hands out of your face & avoid picking your acne, black heads and whiteheads.
- Change your pillow cases twice a week to avoid breakouts.
- Keep it simple. Use facial products for your face and body products for the other parts of your body.
- CHEERS 🥂TO MAKEUP FREE SUMMER DAYS
- I picked up a few items from my favorite skincare store “Blue Mercury.”
Skinceuticals : “Spot Corrector” is hydroquinone-FREE❗️😻 It fades spots and retexturizes your skin leaving it smooth.
• “M-61 is a Bluemercury brand product and is amazing for all skin types including #acneprone & #matureskin types. The Brilliant cleanse is great for everyday cleansing. • Power Glo Peel is a 1 step exfoliating peel that resurfaces and clarifies, firms the skin giving you a radiant and renewed glo. Power spot is used to dry out pimples that are raised above the skin. It contains salicylic acid and cucumber , aloe , tea tree & witch hazel.
Hello, happy holidays everyone. This holiday season is here. We are busy shopping and getting ready for those holiday parties and family gatherings. While getting ready for all of that don’t forget to take care of you & become your greatest version. I posted a video to my YouTube <–(click on the word YouTube) channel to help you get ready for the holiday scene. I have a list of products that I used on the video that you can use this season to highlight your beauty.
Sephora black liquid liner, Laura Mercier’s foundation primer, Anastasia Beverly Hills dip brow in chocolate, NYX glitter in gold, NYX glitter primer! (Sephora can be found at seohora stores & online, all the other products can be found at Ulta.com )*
NYX retractable lip liner in Dark Kiss, Anastasia Glow Kit, L.A Girl Glazed lipstick in Pin Up
All these products can be found at ultra.com
So this is the season that we’ve all been waiting on. Bring on the “Pumpkin Spice Latte” & fabulous fall clothes, but for some of us it’s the makeup. Here’s a few looks that I know you will love just as much as I do. Check out some looks I created on myself… & my new haircut too. 😻
Vintage by NYX cosmetics. The “Liquid Suede” collection.
Can be found at CVS/ Target / Ulta or online at nyxcosmetics.com .
I absolutely adore a clean makeup look paired with a bold lip.
Lip: Copenhagen in soft matte by NYX cosmetics . Can be found at CVS/ Target / Ulta or online at nyxcosmetics.com . The eyeliner is Marc Jacobs.
And if you’re a little gothic like me you will definitely enjoy this one.
Sapphire Siren by Maybelline. I got it from CVS!! Just in time for Halloween or for your look of choice. Follow me on INSTAGRAM & SNAPCHAT : @TheGlamourBOX ✨
Hello ladies. I have been receiving a vast amount of inquiries about what my foundation recommendations are for black women. I have compiled this list based on the following criteria:
- Vegan (V)
- Animal-cruelty free (ACF)
- Non comodogenic (NC)
- Sensitive skin type (SST)
For those of you who love a finished look without the maximum coverage. Out of all the brands I love, Iman has BB creams that are especially tailored for our different skintones unlike other popular brands that don’t cater to darker skin. Iman cosmetics can be found in drug stores and is exclusively sold at Target.
**BB cream=Beauty balm. (NC)* (ACF)* (V)*vegeterian friendly & some of the products are vegan friendly. (SST)*
*click on photo to view the demo of the foundation.* 100% (NC)*100% (ACF)* 100%(V)* 100%(SST)*
It’s a build-able foundation. For sheer coverage apply less, for full coverage apply more. The foundation improves your skin’s texture and appearance with each application.
I sell Arbonne products & I highly recommend it.
I’m wearing Arbonne foundation in Deep Bronze (click on the photo to start ordering your Arbonne cosmetics today.
Becca is also another favorite of mine. If you are worried about shine the matte formula is for you. It gives you hours of shine-free coverage. This is great because darker skin tends to reflect more light and appear oily especially in the T-zone.
Do not forget to follow me on INSTAGRAM @TheGlamourBOX
And share this blog with your friends. =)